Kawano Crocheting (and Knitting) Adventures

Welcome to my blog. It is about my crocheting and my knitting, fun things I find on the internet and my family.

Sunday, February 08, 2009

A new page in Australian history

We learnt about Ash Wednesday at school, but I think that by the time Miles is at school, he will be learning about the bushfires that have so far (at the time of writting this) is standing at 84 dead but I am sure that by morning we are going to be in triple figures. 750 homes have been distroyed by fire and the town of Marysville is no longer a town, with reports that the town has been wiped out by the fires.

Its a total constrast to Queensland, which has been declared 67% or so flooded. I am in the small percentage that is hoping for a little rain to come our way, as it is hot and dry here.

It is a sad day for Australian. With one of Australia on fire and the other end in flooding.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 2:56 am, Blogger Marissa said…

    Whew! I'm glad you're somewhere in the middle, though my heart goes out to all those people affected directly.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker
Counter
Counters