Kawano Crocheting (and Knitting) Adventures

Welcome to my blog. It is about my crocheting and my knitting, fun things I find on the internet and my family.

Sunday, June 15, 2008

A little too much cake!

I think that I may have bitten off a little bit to much with wanting to attempt the Herringbone neck warmer. But I might look around for a simplier pattern to try to knit to first and then go back and attempt the neck warmer. I really love the way that the Herringbone looks and I think that it would really keep your neck warm during winter. I want it. LOL so i better start learning to knit. I did do a sample of knitting, practicing my casting on, knit and purl stitches, and even a bit of ribbing. I think I have worked out the position of the yarn and needle for the stitches, so all that is left to do is have a go at making something. I have a bit of scrap yarn about, so I am thinking about something to make, so I am searching the internet, my books, and ravelry for something to try my hand at.


On my hooks
A lace wrap that I am designing. I am about half way through it. It is just going to be a little lace wrap, and it is working up pretty quickly. I was inspired by a lace wrap that I saw on Ravelry. I hope to have it finished either tonight, or later in the week. Once I have finished it, I will be taking a photo of it, and posting it on here and on my projects page on ravelry.
A mystery CAL, I am doing a mystery CAL with one of the ravelry groups that I belong to, Leftovers Monthly Challenge. It is a 3 part mystery CAL, and I have completed part 1 already. I have no idea what it is, so I am excited to see what the final product is going to be. I am using some partical skeins of yarn that I have, one is Dark Pink, the pink that I used on my mother's shawl from last year, and the other is a light pink and white twist yarn, that I think I picked up from St. Vincent de Pauls, in town.
Seraphina's Shawl is still a work in progress. I am now onto my second skein of yarn. I left a long tail on the first skein, so that I can weave it in later. I really am liking the way that it is coming along. I hope to have it finished once I get my CrochetX SP exchange finished and posted. Then I want to focus on doing a few other crochet items if I have time before the baby arrives.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker
Counter
Counters