Kawano Crocheting (and Knitting) Adventures

Welcome to my blog. It is about my crocheting and my knitting, fun things I find on the internet and my family.

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Dying already dyed yarn

On Ravelry, I have been admiring all the hand dyed yarns...and one of the members gave me a link to a great website, for dying store bought yarn and food colouring...so I am going to give it a go, I have a few odd balls of yarn, and a skein of white yarn that is damaged with either dirt or grease. So it might be good to give it a go and make my own skein of personal hand dyed yarn. ^_^

I have read through Pea Soup of the Day's blog, and it seems so simple and interesting! Now all I have to do is unwind the yarn, buy food colouring, and do it.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 6:45 am, Blogger Marissa said…

    You are brave! Let me know how that turns out!!

     
  • At 2:26 pm, Blogger Suse said…

    Hi thanks for linking to my blog and good luck with the dyeing! I actually updated that post a couple of days ago to say 'soak the yarn in half water half white vinegar', as it used to say 'soak the yarn in vinegar'.

    Just wanted to let you know in case you didn't pick up that amendment.

    I'll come back later to see your dyed yarn, shall I?!

    suse

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker
Counter
Counters