Kawano Crocheting (and Knitting) Adventures

Welcome to my blog. It is about my crocheting and my knitting, fun things I find on the internet and my family.

Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Updates...on everything

Since it has been a while since I have posted anything here, I will do a quick rundown of what is happening.

Pregnancy
I am now 37 weeks along. So that means "anytime now"!! Tomorrow, I go for a check up, so that should be fun. All seems to be normal, his position is correct, he is getting bigger, as I have been able to eat a bit more! Finally, I can eat a hamburger and not rely on Jumpei to finish it off for me. Normally, I can only eat a few bites and then I am full, now I can eat the whole lot! Happy for me, sad for Jumpei.
I have the car packed, with the baby seat in place, baby clothes, and a bag for me, which is half packed. I really dont know what I am going to wear for the birthing, I cannot remember what I wore last time. Need to pack my pjs in too, but I dont know if I will stay overnight, or just the day, or even a few days. I dont think that I would stay a long time in hospital, as I dont know how Miles would take that, so the shortest possible time is what I am planning.

Crochet
I am trying to get my Seraphina's Shawl finished before the baby arrives. It would be nice to have it completed and in use for when I am breastfeeding. I have just started on my 3rd ball of yarn for this project. It is coming along nicely. I have been thinking what it would look like if I had some homespun or some bulky yarn, it would be a nice warm shawl for sure.
Also, working on the Origami Turkish Socks, as part of a CAL on crochetsocks. I am making them for Miles in red heart yarn. So far they look good and interesting. I just hope that they fit his feet when I am finished. I am sure that I did do the measurements correctly. If not, they will fit the baby when his feet grow bigger.

Knitting
Still working on my squares for my knit-ghan. So far, I have finished all the leftover yarn in Pink Camo, that I received as a RAK. I have casted on some more leftovers, so it is coming along nicely. Once I have a few more made, I will take a photo. I dont know what arrangement I will make with them, but most likely "random" will be the theme for this knit-ghan.
I also have a tawashi on another set of needles, next to my bed, but I havent had a lot of time to work on that one.

Health
Miles is getting over a case of Pink-eye! That is so horrible!!! Nothing like what they showed on South Park! But it is clearing up now, so he can go back to Kindy tomorrow. Hopefully, he wont get it again.
Jumpei has a case of the flu and Tonsilitis.
Me, just a really sore throat and stuffy head, but I really cant take anything for it, apart from lemon and honey drinks and maybe a panadol, but I think that Jumpei just had the last one.

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

  • At 2:04 pm, Blogger Marissa said…

    Argh! Don't go having that baby until you get this second package...which I haven't even mailed yet! I have been swamped with school board stuff, and have not finished (the thing I need to finish, which is a surprise). Oh, poor Miles! That stinks, but it's easy to fix. Isn't winter fun? Seems like every week somebody's sick.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker
Counter
Counters