Kawano Crocheting (and Knitting) Adventures

Welcome to my blog. It is about my crocheting and my knitting, fun things I find on the internet and my family.

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Starry Night


This is a doily I made whilst I was in Japan. I made it for my friend and gave it to her before I left to come back home to Australia. It is from a Japanese crochet book and the pattern was all in symbols. I started out crocheting in symbols so I have problems with that. I have only started reading patterns (this is a struggle for me, since I am used to the visual side of pattern reading).
Doilies were my first projects that I every crocheted, so I am very comfortable with them. I am going to attempted to do the Four-square doily as a CAL, hopefully I wont have to many problems with it. Fingers crossed.
If I am able to complete it in thread, I was thinking that the doily would make a nice bed spread, something decorative to liven up the room.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:17 pm, Blogger jaclim said…

    lovely doily! Like you, I also learned to crochet using diagrams and an ondori pattern book. That was way back in the 1970's. I learned to read crochet patterns when I picked up my steel hook again 3 years ago.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker
Counter
Counters